– Meeting format –
The Meeting will be inaugurated by the opening speaker, Jordi Vila. A plenary session will kick off every morning and afternoon session in the main Congress hall. After these two sessions, each of these speakers will act as Chair and moderator of a session within the eight different meeting topics. The plenary speakers and Chair of each topic are:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship: Jesús Rodríguez-Baño
- Diagnostic stewardship: Robin Patel
- Sexually transmitted infections: Martí Valls
- Fungal infections: Maiken Cavling Arendrup
- Microbiome and new tools in microbiology research: Amalio Telenti
- Challenges in infectious diseases, difficult to treat infections: Gian Maria Rossolini
- Antibiotic resistance: Patrice Nordmann
- Emerging viruses and challenges in clinical virology: Bert Niesters
Ten conferences (oral communications and invited and sponsored conferences) from within each topic will be selected by the Scientific Committee for the different sessions.
In the middle of each session we will have a coffee break. Lunch (included in the meeting registration fees) will be served every day in the restaurant near the Meeting Venue.
The first day evening a voluntary visit to Oviedo and Gala Dinner will be offered to the meeting assistants.